Spam Musubi made easy
As the title suggests, this is my short-cut way on how to prepare Spam Musubi.
As most moms would understand, home quarantine doesn’t really give additional time in making meals. Instead, it feels like everyone seems always hungry. This calls for easy meals such as this.
- 2 cups freshly cooked white rice
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 can Spam
- 5 sheets sushi nori (dry seaweed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Stir together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar in a bowl. Completely dissolve sugar.
- Slice luncheon meat lengthwise into 10 slices, or to desired thickness, and marinate in sauce for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the slices of meat for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Cut nori sheets in half and lay on a flat work surface.
- Lay in the cooked slice of luncheon meat with the nori sheet in the middle placed diagonally.
- Place rice on top of the luncheon meat and slowly press following the edges of the luncheon meat as a pattern/mold. Rice put on top should be about 1/4 inch.
- Wrap nori around rice and Spam, sealing edges with a small amount of water.
- Serve it warm or chilled.
I hope you like this recipe as much as our family enjoys it. I would love to hear from you and the outcome of your musubi. I’d really appreciate it if you would drop me a comment below.
And as what I’ve been saying in my other posts, stay put at your homes to help our society fight this Pandemic Virus.
Stay healthy everyone.
Please help pray for all the frontliners and those suffering from this disease.
Be inspired with my other easy to do meals using canned goods: