Spam Fried Rice – quick meals
How long have you been staying at home by now as part of your contribution to our society? Here in Singapore, our family chooses to stay at home and just have groceries delivered. If not, just one of us will go out to buy supplies. A little help to society goes a long way.
My everyday dilemma is to determine how much rice do I need to cook for one meal. As you know, nowadays, snacking seems unavoidable. This is the main culprit which results in having leftover rice to refrigerate all the time.
On the good note, I’ve mastered already on how to make legit fried rice! haha…Even my hubby who doesn’t like fried rice would chow down a bowl very fast! =) Below is my go-to recipe:
- 4 tbsp butter, separated
- 2 cups cooked rice (preferably refrigerated)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can SPAM
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies (alternatively, you can just add diced carrots, corn kernel, and green peas)
- oil for frying
- Slice SPAM and fry on a heated pan. Set aside and dice.
- In a heated wok, add in 2 tbsp butter and garlic. Keep an eye on them as they brown quickly in a blink of an eye.
- Put the browned garlic in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs and swirl the wok to spread the eggs/ coat the wok. Cut cooked eggs into small pieces. Push the scrambled eggs to one side of the wok.
- Turn the heat up and add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter.
- Wet your hands and gently squeeze the refrigerated rice into the heated wok. This will help loosen the rice easily.
- Stir together the egg.
- Add in the mixed veggies and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add diced SPAM.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper and half of the fried garlic over the rice mixture.
- Serve with sprinkles of garlic on top.
There you have it!
This dish doesn’t call for any other additional dish to enjoy with. With Spam on it, you’re ready to eat it in no time.
If you’re looking for other recipes using canned goods, check out below:
Stay safe everyone.