I’m assuming you’ve impressed your family with SPAM Musubi and they can’t get enough of your new Japanese-inspired cooking skills.
Well, here’s another no-fail recipe that will leave your family asking for more!
If you’ve been reading my posts, especially those recipes, you’ll notice that I also try to make a short-cut for those easy to do meals. This recipe isn’t an exemption.
- 1 can Spam, slice 1/4-1/2″ thick
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 white onion, cut lengthwise
- white rice (depending on your appetite)
- Cut the Spam into strips. Fry them over medium heat in a small saucepan until crispy on all sides. We use a saucepan as it is the same pan we’ll use for the sauce later. It saves you some dish washing =)
- Once Spam is cooked, set aside.
- Combine soy sauce and sugar until sugar is dissolved then put half of the sliced onion and bring to boil. Once onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Beat lightly one egg, DO NOT COMPLETELY MIX.
- Place strips of Spam (as much as you desire, 4-5 is ideal) you’ve set aside earlier on the onion slice broth in the saucepan.
- Then drizzle your lightly beaten egg over Spam. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover for 30 seconds to cook then turn off the heat. Wait for 30 seconds more.
- Transfer the egg and spam mixture over rice.
- Serving this recipe in a bowl per serving.
- Repeat instructions 3-8 for another bowl to serve.
And there you have it! Another dish that would surely WOW your family. I really hope they like it as much as my family does.
Remember to stay at home guys! I hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time of Pandemic Covid-19.
Be inspired with my other easy to cook recipes using canned goods: